Are you a resident of Second Life? Are you passionate about a particular topic? Would you like to present a salon? Here’s what you need to know before submitting your application:
- Your salon should be 45 minutes in length, to be followed by 15 minutes of audience questions and answers.
- By tradition your salon title will be one word. Please choose a word that succinctly describes your topic. A Salon staff member will created a graphic based on this word to be used in promoting your salon.
- We encourage the use of slide shows or other props to illustrate your talk. If you need assistance in displaying these, let us know.
- Salons are presented in text in Second Life local chat. The full text will then be permanently archived at the Aether Salon website. We suggest you write your salon text in advance. This will help enhance your eloquence, keep you on track, and eliminates ‘hurry-up’ typos. You’ll still be able to ad-lib, but having your text prepared will allow you to be a gracious, audience-engaged speaker.
- Traditionally, Salon presenters offer a ‘craft’ to the audience at the end of the lecture. This can be an object related to your salon, additional resource/reading lists, perhaps a framed piece of relevant art. If you need assistance creating your craft, let us know.
- Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible. If accepted, you will be contacted to discuss upcoming available dates for your presentation.